Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blog Post #1

This is the first post for my new blog, as I journal my quest for employment. My biggest problem? I am a senior; I am 59 and self-employed (without enough work). So who wants to hire a woman who is 59 (almost 60) who has spent most of her life as a stay-at-home mom and a self-employed mom. I am educated; I have a graduate degree, but somehow that doesn't seem to help when I am one of many applying for the same job. This last year has been a frustrating year, to say the least. What am I looking for? What do I want? Where do I even want to live? On top of that, I got injured a few months ago and am still recovering. I don't qualify for disability. I have no retirement (because being a stay-at-home-mom does not add to a retirement fund). So I am competing with all of you younger adults for jobs that demand high energy and ambition. What a ride we are having.

Emma Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment